Friday, December 3, 2010

Only the Lonely - 1991

Grade = C+ (maybe a B-)

-John Candy's face in the poster above, is pretty much how I feel about this movie.  He plays a big Fat lonely nice Guy who has an annoying as hell mother.  Jim Belushi appears in this film only to make me angry and wish he wasn't there.  So fat lonely guy meets weirdo girl and they fall in love, and this is one of those movies where everything keeps falling apart and I hate that in movies, but I love it at the same time... anyways its a nice movie that makes me feel like if John candy can score Ally Sheedy then I gotta chance.

Mr. Joe Says: " you should watch this one, John Candy is so love-able and Maureen O'hara used to be beautiful...but now she is old, and this was made in 91, imagine her now... but lets just think of her then.

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? In 1991, at age 71, Maureen O'Hara was made up to look older for her role as a meddling, bigoted, controlling mother to John Candy. She was still quite gorgeous then.

    Just Google her official site "Maureen O'Hara Magazine" and see recent photos of her celebrating her 90th birthday and tons of other info on what she's doing now in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly you know what you are talking about and I don't. I'm just upset with her because she is rich and I hate rich people.

    ReplyDelete